Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Romans 1:8-12

Scripture
Romans 1:8-12
8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world.
9 For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son, is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you,
10 always in my prayers making request, if perhaps now at last by the will of God I may succeed in coming to you.
11 For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established;
12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other's faith, both yours and mine.

Observation
Paul starts with encouragements by way of showing his thankfulness for other's faith. He is not simply thankful in the moment of writing, but expresses that is has been "unceasingly." And the thankfulness is not just an attitude, but it comes up consistently in prayer. Paul's desire to meet in person seems to grow and knows what good can come from the fellowship with each other.

Positives to meeting in person.
vs. 11. One of his own spiritual gifts may help establish their..... faith? church? community?
vs. 12. further explanation... ("that is") To encourage each other by each other's faith.
To not be alone... To share good news... new news....share burdens....worship.

Out of love springs.....action.

Application
I am not to forsake being thankful, praying, meeting, and encouraging other Christians. These are all disciplines that I live as though they will just happen and sometimes they do just happen. That is, in my prayers, sometimes someone just comes to me and I will pray for them, but too many times I let life move on by without me really taking inventory. I have so many to be actively and unceasingly thankful for. There are relationships that I need to step up in and get proactive rather than each of us "remind" ourselves that, "oh yeah.... we are friends." Or to make excuses like... "she knows that I love her."

I must act..... or more likely, be proactive.

My prayers should be full of being thankful and seeking the ability to further grow in my relationships with others in the faith.

I am going to write a letter to a dear lady that is far over due.

Prayer
Lord, thank you for all of the loved ones that you have placed in my life throughout my life. Please impress upon my heart to never forsake them, but to lift them in whatever means I have and especially in prayer to you, dear Lord. Allow me to love on them greatly in a way that would be encouraging to both parties. Thank you, Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment